All recipes are for 2 servings unless noted. Oil is canola oil and salt is kosher salt.

2011-07-03

Breakfast, July 3, 2011

Revenge.

Tom's selective hearing of my words ("OK, you can cut down some of the fuki") resulted in total destruction of the fuki patch right outside the greenhouse. I was looking forward to exploring different fuki dishes this summer.


I wanted to make all dishes with fuki. Tom deserves it -- no breakfast fun today! -- and this should say something about how I feel about what he's done, especially because fuki is not his favorite vegetable. But since I am also eating and it's too much for me to have a breakfast with little variation, I limited myself to three dishes with salvaged fuki stalks.

After finishing Tom said "Hmm... fuki tastes good."
I know what he meant: "I hate this vegetable, that's why I killed it all."

No more fuki until next spring.  I will come back with more fuki dishes next year. Tom, you'd better be prepared.

    No comments: